Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 12, 2013

Hey!
So sorry I was unable to write you last week... we ran out of time to write.  We had to drive alot and rush to do other things so I was not able to write an e-mail.
Everything is going really well,  I am with Elder Dees from Florida and we are still serving in the Amity stake, which is part Meridian and Boise.
We got to speak this week and did pretty well as well as next week I will be speaking... I might end up speaking twice in two different wards which would be a good challenge.
 
So I wrote Dad a letter that is on its way and will be there shortly, I wrote about us having dinner with a Tongan family who gives us tons of food. Every Sunday they have family over for a feast and it is always an open invite for the missionaries.
 
We are getting along just fine at this point and are finding lots of work to do as we rely on the leadership of the wards to find and set up appointments.  I have spent alot of time tracting and have come to know for myself that it does not work and that working through the members is alot easier.
 
Anyway, all I can say is that my personal skills have improved and I have grown alot since I first got out on my mission and will continue to learn and improve my skills. I have been supported by the Lord and truly see as He said in Ether 12:27, I give men weakness that they may be humble, if they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. That is not all of the scripture but it is sufficient for the purposes of my explanation of how the Lord is working with me and helping me overcome my weaknesses.
 
I was also able to write Starshine and hope to hear back from her.
 
Once again Sorry about not writting you last week, I love you and will do better at explaning what is going on and the things that are happening in my area. Love Elder Samuel G. Nelson!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment